Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blackened Chicken Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce

I love pasta with cream sauces and this is one of my favorites! I like Alfredo sauce and order it often when I go out to eat but I like making this lemon sauce at home because it's not as rich as Alfredo and also has lots of flavors from all the vegetables I put in. It is pretty easy to make as well. I will try to write the recipe below with as accurate measurements as I can remember so bare with me for it. Afterall, even if I don't remember the exact measurements, you'll get an idea of what goes in this yummy lemon sauce and a general idea of the steps involved. It'll be fun to taste and add more or less of what you like to make it your own too. So here we go;

Ingredients:

Pasta (I used linguine) Just boil it with a lil olive oil and garlic.

Sauce:

1 medium Onion (chopped)
8 oz Mushrooms (sliced)
1 small Jar of Marinated Artichoke
2 TBS capers
1 TBS flour
2 TBS butter
1/2 C white wine
3 TBS lemon juice ( adjust to your taste)
1 C heavy cream or half and half


Gather your ingredients and cut the mushrooms and onions.










Cook the onions with butter till the are tender.











Add the sliced mushrooms and cook a few min.











Add the flour and mix well for few min.











Add artichokes and capers.











Add wine and lemon juice.












Let it simmer for about 10-15 min.












Lastly, add cream and simmer for about 10 more min. Taste and add more of what you desire ( lemon juice or cream etc)














Easy Blackened Chicken


4 boneless skinless Chicken Breast
4 TBS melted butter
Blackening seasoning

Use any blackening seasoning powder.










Dip chicken in melted butter and sprinkle generously with blackening seasoning.









Fry the chicken up in an cast iron skillet with some melted butter. Make sure the skillet is very hot and you push down on the chicken with a spatula or spoon. Few min on each side.






Ready! Let the chicken sit and cool a lil before slicing and topping on your pasta.










Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! The photos are good, makes me want a plate!

    ReplyDelete