Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Amish Friendship Waffles

These waffles are delicious and also a great way to use up your starter if you end up with too many. I have a lot of starter bags in my freezer. What I learned from a friend is that you can take your starter bag straight out of your freezer and bake what you want instead of waiting 10 days. So, that's just what I've done here. I took a starter bag out of my freezer the night before and made these in the morning. My starter bag had 2 cups in it, so if you only have a cup in yours, you'll need two.

Here is the easy recipe I got from Armchair.


Combine in large bowl:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Combine in smaller bowl:
1/4 C oil
2 cups Amish batter
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Add ingredients of smaller bowl to ingredients of large bowl and mix on medium speed.
Spoon batter onto greased waffle maker. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment