Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce

Bread pudding is another easy desert with endless variations fruits or flavors or sauces one can think of. Banana bread pudding, chocolate bread pudding, rum sauce, caramel sauce, whiskey sauce, with raisins or without....the list goes on and on. I enjoy many different kinds of bread pudding and I will share a basic bread pudding with rum sauce recipe here. they are from two different sources. The bread pudding is from grouprecipes but I do not remember where I found the sauce recipe. I searched for hours on the Internet to remember where I got it so I can give the proper credit but unfortunately I wasn't able to:(

Ingredients For The Bread Pudding

4 Cups scalded milk
3 Cups cubes of day old or toasted French bread
1 3/4 Cups sugar
1 TBS butter
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

Soak bread in 2 cups of the hot milk for 5 minutes.
Put in greased pan.
Add the other 2 cups of scalded milk, butter, eggs, and sugar.
Add vanilla.
Mix well and slowly pour over bread mixture.
Bake 350 degrees for 45 min to 1 hour.

Ingredients for Rum Sauce

3/4 cup sugar
2 TBS flour
1 cup water
1/4 C heavy cream (optional)
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 TBS rum

Directions:

Combine flour, water, sugar and butter in a sauce pan.

Cook over medium heat until mixture begins bubbling. Add the cream, keep stirring for one minute.

Remove from heat and add the vanilla and rum. Mix well. You are done.

Pour the rum sauce over the entire bread pudding or over each individual serving.

Note: I used raisins to garnish (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment