Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lemon Rosemary Chicken


This is such an easy dish to make. My family loves it and I love making it for them. I also have a huge bush of rosemary which makes it easier for me. No brining needed and it is juicy and delicious. I made two tonight since my family needs more than one!
Please feel free to try out the recipe below and let me know how it turns out for you.


Ingredients

1( 3-4 lb) chicken (fresh, never been frozen)
1 lemon
4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
4 cloves of garlic, peeled 
1-2 TBS olive oil
salt and peeper to taste (or you can use lemon pepper)
1/4 C water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Finely dice about 1 TBS rosemary and save the rest.
In a small bowl, squeeze 1 lemon (save the rind), add olive oil and diced rosemary. Mix well.
Rub the whole chicken with salt and pepper (or lemon pepper). Then rub again with lemon oil mixture.
Insert whats left of the lemon (the rind) inside the chicken cavity along with some rosemary sprigs and a garlic clove. Then place the rest of the rosemary sprigs and garlic in various parts of the chicken such as under the wings etc.
Place the chicken in a pan with 1/4 C water and bake uncovered for 1 hour 15 min, breast side down. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before eating the whole thing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment