Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thai Yellow Curry Chicken

Today I woke up late so I had to make something quick but yummy. I promised my coworkers that I'll bring Thai Green Curry for lunch but it turned out that I didn't have all the herbs I needed to make that, so I made yellow curry instead. I was so excited to post my first recipe and paid close attention to how much of each ingredient I was using. Here it is:

2 large pieces of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size

4 medium potatoes (I used Russet), cubed

1 medium onion, chopped

2 cloves of Garlic, minced

2 TBS Thai yellow curry paste (you can get this at most Asian stores or buy it online)

2 TBS sugar

1 TBS fish sauce

2 TBS oil

1 can coconut milk (8.5 oz)

1/2 cup water

some green onions or cilantro for Garnish

Heat up the oil in a pan with medium heat. Add onions and garlic to oil and cook for 1 min. Then add chicken and the curry paste. Cook for 3 min mixing the paste with chicken thoroughly. Then add potatoes,fish sauce,coconut milk, water, and sugar. Let this simmer and when the potatoes are done, the curry is READY! Add salt or sugar to your taste and garnish with some herbs or green onions. Serve it with steamed Jasmine rice.
Tip: I like to boil my potatoes in a separate pot until they are half way done before adding to the curry.


Yellow curry paste, coconut milk and potatoes





Green Onions for garnish

Ready!

2 comments:

  1. This is just the kind of recipe I am wanting. It sounds heavenly. I will be eagerly awaiting more recipes in this style! Thanks ... Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love curries :D....will you put Burmese recipes?

    ReplyDelete