Saturday, March 6, 2010

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

My favorite pot roast is one that is made in a slow cooker. To me, it is just more tender and moist than one made in the oven. This easy recipe can be prepared ahead of time in a slow cooker, so frees up your time for other things. I like that pot roast already has vegetables and I don't have to worry about making side dishes. We usually eat it with steam rice (we love rice) at my house. Here is how I make mine.




You'll need:
2-3lb Roast (I like rump or chuck)
1 bay leaf
2 TBS olive oil
3 stalks of celery
3 medium carrots
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
4 medium potatoes ( I like Russet)
4-5 cups beef broth
salt and pepper
Heat up the oil in a pan and add garlic. When it sizzles, add the meat that has been salted and peppered and brown both sides well. Take the meat out and out aside.
In the same pan add your vegetables that have been chopped roughly except potatoes. Potatoes should be peeled and halved. Cook the vegetables for about 5 min.
Transfer the vegetables into your slow cooker,and add the meat.
Add potatoes and broth.
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment