Friday, February 15, 2013

Mini Rum Cakes



Awhile ago, I received a really nice gift of a mini Bundt cake pan which makes six small cakes. I put that into use this weekend and made the cutest mini rum cakes. I used the Bacardi Golden Rum Cake recipe from about.com but omitted the pecans since I didn’t have them that day and shortened the baking time since they were so small. This recipe is from 1 box of cake mix and makes one regular size (12 cup) Bundt cake (see my Bacardi rum cake post )or 10-12 mini bundt cakes as seen in my pictures.




Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 min
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 min

Ingredients:

Cake
• 1 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix
• 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup cold milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum

Glaze
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum

Preparation:

Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Combine all cake ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Poke holes all over the cake and drizzle the glaze over top of Bacardi Rum Cake while it is still the Bundt pan. (This is what I do different than the original recipe because this way I don’t lose the glaze to the bottom of the cake and keeps the whole cake moister. I let the cake soak up all the glaze for about 30 minutes before inverting it on a platter.)

Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment