Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Amish Friendship Pancakes

So, most of us know Armish people make good food..very good food that we love. Anyway, I am not sure when and why started this, but I brought home an Armish friendship bread starter and baking every ten day ever since and haven't stopped even though I have had more than enough Armish friendship bread in the last month or so both at home and at work. If you don't know what I am talking about, go ahead and read closer...I'll try to explain the story of THE ARMISH BREAD and how it's not going away! Let's start with the starter. You can make the bread starter with this recipe or buy online or you may get it from a friend..hence the name Friendship bread :). I got mine from a friend. Once you have the starter bag, follow
these easy instructions. Just remember it takes 10 day till the baking day.I will talk about many variations I've tried with this starter, but I will share the recipe for the pancakes in this post because they are absolutly delicious. Also, if you end up with too much starter in hand, this is a good way to get rid of it because the recipe calls for 2 cups of the starter. The recipe I used is below:

Combine in large bowl:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Combine in smaller bowl:
2 TBS oil
2 cups Amish batter (batter from day 10)
3/4 cup milk
1 egg

Add ingredients of smaller bowl to ingredients of large bowl and mix on medium speed.
Spoon batter onto greased griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment