Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken with Baby Bella Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce


Oyster sauce is very popular in Asian cooking. It just has a great balance of sweetness and saltiness. I usually have a bottle of a Chinese brand and a Thai brand in my pantry because they taste a little different from each other. I used the Thai brand to make this dish. This particular stir fry is very quick, easy, healthy, and yummy. I always have boneless skinless chicken breast in my freezer. What has been helpful to me is that I buy fresh chicken breast, cut them in bite size pieces and put a little bit of salt and freeze portions in freezer bags. When I want to make something, I just pull one out of the freezer. They thaw very fast too. here is the recipe:

2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces
1 small package of baby bella musrooms
2 TBS Oyster Sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
2 TBS oil
green onions for Garnish (optional)

On medium high heat, in a wok, heat oil and garlic together, when the garlic sizzle, add chicken and oyster sauce. Stir fry for 3 min. Add mushrooms and some water just enough to make some sauce to eat with rice (about half a cup). When both chicken and mushrooms are cooked, sprinkle green oinions and enjoy!

Baby Bella Mushrooms....Mmmm yummy!












Oyster Sauce Bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment