Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Chocolate Shortbread Cookies


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Today I made the shortbread cutest cookies that I've been wanting to make for a while. I am not a cookie person..Yeah call me crazy..I just like other deserts and cakes more than cookies. However, I do love chocolate and I do like shortbread cookies better than other cookies. So, I've been searching for a perfect recipe and this website gave me inspiration. if you ever visit that site, there are these cookies called the thong cookies...and they look hilarious. So it would be amusing to check it out if you have a minute. As I mentioned I am not a cookie person and I don't have many cookie cutters or cookie making supplies, so making these involved a little bit of improvising and you will see in the pictures below what I mean. The ingredients for the cookies are:

2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 sticks butter
1 tsp vanilla

I melted some white chocolate chips to make them extra special too :) but it's optional only because the shortbread cookies taste pretty good and chocolaty enough by themselves.



Dry Ingredients. Flour and cocoa.


Wet Ingredients, butter and sugar.


Cream the butter and sugar using a mixer, then add vanilla.


Combie the dry and wet ingredients.


When you get this, stick this dough in the fridge for about 30 min.


I used a wine bottle to roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. No cookie cutter? No problem!!! I just used a knife and free hand some hearts!


Viola! Heart shaped cookies ready to go in the oven, 375 degree for 10 min.


White chocolate chips being melted in a makeship double boiler..(Glass bowl on top of hot water in a sauce pan). I mentioned I improvised today ..I wasn't kidding. :)


Use this melted chocolate and decorate your cookies. (The fun part)


Ready for my Valentine(s)! My daughter is my biggest Valentine and she loved these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment